So now you have set-up your web reseller business: got your business listed, got a business name and a website too. Now the main question is how to promote your business and get customers. Promoting your business and getting those initial customers can be far more challenging than starting –up your business.
Here are a few tips on how to get on with your business out in the market and get those much-needed leads and sign-ups:
1. SEO your Website: Being in the web hosting industry, Seo or search engine optimization wouldn’t be an unfamiliar term for you. SEO is an effective way to get your business noticed quickly at very minimal costs. It involves a number of steps to make your website show up in the SERPs (search engine result pages). All you need is to keep in mind the important SEO guidelines: keyword research, keyword targeting, website structure, SEO friendly content etc. Once your website gets indexed and starts showing in the SERPs, you will easily start getting customers for absolutely free!
2. Paid Search Advertising: Along with SEO to improve your organic traffic, you may wish to invest in Search engine advertising (also called PPC). Paid search advertising, your ads will be shown to the customers who are looking for products similar to what you are also offering. The customers see highly relevant that increases their chances of clicking on those ads. PPC advertising is a good way to promote your business online. You may choose your budget as per your convenience, and also optimize the performance through various tools. As SEO is a slow process, PPC advertising will get your business noticed on the web more quickly.
3. Social Media: Create business profiles on popular social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Don’t forget to write a good description, use keywords and provide a link to your business website. Start conversations with your customers, know what they are seeking, their likes and dislikes, and plan your marketing strategy around these insights.
4. Get your Business Cards, Letterheads, and Envelopes ready so that your customers know that you are a serious business professional. Don’t forget to mention your business details on all the marketing collaterals you have prepared.
5. Attend Trade Events or Conference related to your business. This will give you a chance to connect with like-minded individuals and businesses, as well as get prospects or partners for your reseller business. For example, web hosting Days event that happens every year attracts the participation of thousands of professionals and businesses belonging to hosting industry. This event is a major platform to showcase your business, build new business relationships, or partnerships, & get new customers for your hosting reseller business.
6. Print/Radio Advertising/Cable TV advertising: Send out your press releases to local newspapers, radio stations, cable TV stations, magazines whose audience is likely to buy what you sell. Mostly, your reseller business isn’t location specific, as you can target customers of any location. However, in case you are looking for customers located nearby, you might want to advertise locally.
7. Hire Sales Personnel: Invest in a few sales guys who can go out and pitch your services to your prospects. Make cold-calls to look for prospects, make appointments with them, and finally convert them into your customers.
Starting-up and getting those initial few customers might be challenging for you; however it is totally worth all the effort or money you put into it. Once your business gets publicized, and your customers start trickling in, you wouldn’t have to worry much. If you provide good services and your customer are satisfied, positive word-of-mouth will attract new customers.
How have you been promoting your reseller business? What strategies have you adopted? Drop us a comment below.